This department, provides consulting and assistance on issues concerning trademarks, design, patents, domain name, and copyright law. Through the cooperation with offices specializing in specific industrial property issues, this department can provide full assistance on all phases of trademark and patent registration. It also assists clients in international cases and issues thanks to the cooperation with lawyers practicing in the most important industrialized countries.
Particular areas of expertise are international negotiations and licensing agreements concerning knowledge transfer, trademarks, and other Intellectual property rights.
In addition to providing general consulting on laws and regulations concerning the aforementioned issues, this department assists clients in specialized activities including the following:
- Opinions on publishing specific works.
- Publishing, printing, and multimedia agreements.
- Image use agreements.
- Liaising with the S.I.A.E (association of Italian Authors and Publishers) and the I.M.A.I.E (Institute for the Protection of Performing Artists’ Rights).
- Privacy and honor protection.
- Strategies of I.P. development and protection.
- P. Risk assessment.
- International licensing.
- Assessment of intellectual goods.
- Brand protection.
- Protection and labeling of luxury goods.
- Designations of origin.
This department also holds long-term experience in litigations and arbitrations on all issues concerning IP, industrial law, and piracy, and in cases brought before Antitrust, Communication and Advertising Authorities (AGCM, AGCOM and IAP) and the Association of Professional Journalists.
Consulting and support on all issues concerning privacy and compliance (with particular emphasis on the cases brought before the competent authorities related to the compliance with the provisions of the Legislative Decree no. 231/01) is provided to companies.