A specific department in the area of civil law is devoted to family law, addressing the following issues:
- Separation of the spouses.
- Dissolution and termination of the legal effects of marriage.
- Personal status.
- Assets management between spouses.
- Legitimacy and illegitimacy.
- Parentage and child custody.
- Protection of the children.
- Restriction and termination of parental rights, orders of protection and court appointed
This department also cooperates with the department of criminal law to handle the following cases:
- Juvenile delinquency.
- Crimes concerning family and family care: breach of family duties, domestic violence and child abuse.